My Quilting/Sewing Cottage

My Quilting/Sewing Cottage
****************************My Little Piece of Heaven *****************************

Thanks for Stopping By





Thanks for Stopping By!!

Friday, July 19, 2013

Disney Quilt

Things have been so crazy busy around here. I haven't been able to sew in so long.
My grand-daughter wanted to make a quilt so I had some fun with her!
Last time she was at the beach with us, we made a trip to the quilt
shop to look for fabric for her. She wanted to make a Disney quilt.
(while in the shop she also found fabric for her next quilt too lol)
I didn't have time to take pictures of her sewing her top.
(she was moving along so fast)
Here she is quilting her top. She's 12 and this
is her 3rd quilt, but first time quilting one.
She just jumped in without any practice and I think she
did pretty good!
It was so much fun to sew with her.
I did all the rotary cutting,
 all the pressing and loaded her quilt for quilting.
I also advanced the quilt and set her up for her next row.
I told her on the next quilt she will do the pressing.
I'm kind of nerves to let her use the rotary cutter though,
am I being too protective?
 
 
She is very happy with her finished quilt and I am so proud!!
She did a wonderful job.
It was four days from start to finish on this
double size quilt and so much fun to make!!
 
She wanted to use fleece on the back
A close up
 
When she finished her first question was - "When can we
start the next one?".
 
I hope you have a fun week-end!!!
 
Until later - Carol
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

0 Thoughtful Comments:

Post a Comment