My Quilting/Sewing Cottage

My Quilting/Sewing Cottage
****************************My Little Piece of Heaven *****************************

Thanks for Stopping By





Thanks for Stopping By!!

Friday, April 5, 2013

Jelly Roll Quilt

I made this quilt with a jelly roll of "Oh Deer" by Moda
I have a lot of precuts in my fabric stash.
I think I am going to use them up and not buy any more.
I don't like the way the birds head is chopped off.
I was originally making this quilt as a gift but there
was no way I would give something like this as a gift.
I also find with the precuts the cuts are not accurate.
You can't count on all of the stack being cut at 2 1/2,
or 5 inches or 10 inches, etc.
I wish I wouldn't have bought so many.
I did get a good deal on them, and loved how you get so
many different fabrics but it's not worth it to me.
Am I the only one that feels this way??
Here is the back.
I have an accuquilt cutter so I guess I will just start
cutting my own.
 
until later - Carol
 

1 Thoughtful Comments:

trish said...

I am so sorry you had so much trouble.
I personally like precuts, however I square everything up. :o) I am a little neurotic in that area. ha ha ha
If you ever decide to sell what you have, let me know. :o)
Have a great weekend. Trish

Post a Comment