My Quilting/Sewing Cottage

My Quilting/Sewing Cottage
****************************My Little Piece of Heaven *****************************

Thanks for Stopping By





Thanks for Stopping By!!

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

My Entry to the Festival


                                                                

This is my first time to enter a quilt in Amy's Quilt Festival. I'm excited to be able to join in, Thanks Amy.

I was in a local fabric shop and came upon this V W Bug fabric and knew I had to make my sister a quilt with some. It is just so cute and she loves the little bugs.
I sewed this from a pattern I printed out from EQ.
It was my first attempt at paper piecing and I  have
to say I loved it. I will be doing more.
Here are the bugs. Aren't they just adorable?
 
and some bicycles
 
and some scooters.
I love this quilt.
 
When I started to print out my pattern there were four blocks.
I looked closely and thought I only needed one block x 4
so that is what I printed.
WRONG! If I would have printed the four
blocks all of my prints would have been facing the
right way (I think). 
I still love this quilt and would like to snuggle up with it and
keep it for myself
but I know she will love it too.
 
The Quilt size is 59x72.
Paper Pieced and Quilted by me.
 
Go check out the rest of the quilts
 
Thanks for looking - Carol

5 Thoughtful Comments:

trish said...

Oh how cute!! Your sister must really love her quilt. :0) Welcome to the quilt festival. :0)

Jill said...

This is such a cool quilt! Love it!

Sylvia said...

I like the design, did you design it in EQ? Or is it one of their blocks?

Bev said...

That is an adorable quilt! Thanks for joining our blog and entering our giveaway! We have two giveaways going so don't forget to enter the other one!

Cheery wave!

Bev

{Kenzie's Kloset} said...

I know she is going to love it! Good luck with your entry :)

We enjoyed spending time with you all today. Thanks for everything!

Post a Comment