My Quilting/Sewing Cottage

My Quilting/Sewing Cottage
****************************My Little Piece of Heaven *****************************

Thanks for Stopping By





Thanks for Stopping By!!

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Penguin Cheer

I found this Penguin Cheer quilt along for free a few years ago and like so many other things I saved all the patterns but just never got around to making it. I saved the patterns every month, even bough fabric but always thought when it got closer to Christmas I'd start it....well I get so busy from Thanksgiving to Christmas, plus last year I hardly had time for sewing so Now seems like a good time. The pattern is no longer for free but you can purchase it here at FatCat Patterns and if you look at the top tab she has some other BOM's going on
 
Here is block 1
 
 
now don't go looking too close haha
I first tried to use a zig-zag stitch and that didn't work out too well. I took
all of that out and redid it with a blanket stitch that I like much better.
 
I have some penguin dishes here at the beach house that we use in the winter and
I thought a quilt like this would be so cute to go along with them. When I sewed this
first block I couldn't help but notice it is just about perfect size for a placemat.....hum looks
like I might be really busy. I have room for 8 at the table and 6 at the counter top with stools
for the grandkids.


Here is block 2
Isn't he just so cute!!!

 
blocks 1 and 2
 
I have started crocheting again too so I'll have to share some of that.
Now that I've decided to use my phone camera I think it will be quicker and I might
get to share more. (I have a lot of catching up to do)
The picture's might not be as good but hey it's better then putting off blogging.
 
I hope you are having a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend.
The beach here is packed, and the water is beautiful!!!
until later - Carol

0 Thoughtful Comments:

Post a Comment